The WSGR Attorney Recruiting Department is seeking a Recruiter to join our IP Recruiting team in any of our domestic offices. This is an excellent opportunity for a bright, friendly, detail-oriented person who is able to prioritize multiple projects in a dynamic environment. You will work closely on all facets of recruiting with a particular emphasis on recruiting Intellectual Property professionals, including lateral attorneys and patent agents, at a firmwide level (US, Asia, and European offices). We seek candidates who will work collaboratively with a team, while also handling individual responsibilities and adapting to rapidly changing priorities.
- Work closely with our marketing and professional development teams to plan, coordinate and lead recruiting events and create marketing materials.
- Administering our PALS program, which provides tuition assistance to patent agents who are in law school.
- Maintaining regular communication with candidates, search firm, and hiring partners.
- Tracking candidates, scheduling interviews and drafting offer letters.
Sourcing patent agent candidates, providing back-up for law school recruiting, creating hiring call agendas and special projects.
- Build strategic relationships with, search firms, graduate school student groups and other educational institutions (including hosting and coordinating events in the office and on-campus) to advance the Firm’s recruiting strategies.
- Collaborate with administrative departments on onboarding and integrating new hires, including coordinating new associate mentors and integration activities for IP associate and patent agent hires.
- Maintain recruiting records and generate recruiting and Workday reports.
- Train and mentor junior team members.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of three years of professional recruiting experience in a law firm or professional services is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the attorney recruiting process and legal employment issues.
- Ability to set priorities, work independently and handle a variety of duties effectively under time constraints.
- Ability to understand unconscious bias and its effect on recruiting and hiring.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with all levels of firm personnel as well as external clients, including search firms and vendors.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior analytical, attention to detail, planning and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated and creative with ability to make sound business decisions.
Ability to develop and analyze reports and projections regarding market trends in diversity, legal recruiting and retention.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion.
- Proficient with MS Office and applicant tracking systems, preferably Workday.