Winston & Strawn
Winston & Strawn is committed to the safety and well-being of our attorneys and staff and currently has a COVID vaccination policy for all of our positions at the firm.
*This position can reside in San Francisco or Silicon Valley.*
The Attorney Recruiting & Development Coordinator position will assist the Senior Manager of Law Student Recruiting with the attorney recruitment and hiring process for the San Francisco and Silicon Valley offices. This position offers an excellent opportunity to work with an energetic, cohesive team of knowledgeable recruiting professionals’ firm wide. The position also offers significant exposure to partners, associates, and professional staff throughout the firm. The position is uniquely situated to be highly visible for both the San Francisco and Silicon offices and provides an excellent opportunity for cross office collaboration on strategic talent development initiatives. This role will reside in the San Francisco office and be the main recruiting contact for Northern California.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate all aspects of law student, entry-level, and judicial clerk hiring for the San Francisco and Silicon Valley offices. Assist with lateral associate hiring as directed by the lateral hiring team.
- Maintain candidate application information in recruitment database (ViDesktop) and ensure accuracy of data in a timely manner, route applicant information.
- Register for on-campus interview dates and coordinate all necessary arrangements including preparing interviewing materials for attorneys and organize, track, and post interview materials. Coordinate with Career Services offices as necessary to schedule on-campus interviews and manage day-of logistics.
- Prepare and upload complete law student candidate files for on-campus interview process.
- Coordinate with law student groups regarding outreach and sponsorship events.
- Prepare and send interview schedules, greet, and escort candidates, solicit evaluation feedback, and prepare interview files.
- Respond to applicant and search firm inquiries and coordinate post-applicant correspondence.
- Process new associate hires including coordinating and collaborating on orientation schedules and materials/binders and assist with the conflicts and background check process.
- Complete surveys, maintain information in all Firmwide charts for the San Francisco and Silicon Valley offices, and provide statistical data as needed.
- Support the Summer Program by working with the Senior Law Student Recruiting Manager and Summer Associate Committee to plan, coordinate and implement the summer associate program, including orientation, training, social events, assist tracking, performance evaluations and expense reimbursements.
- Process all candidate and incoming associate expense reimbursements.
Coordinate logistics for meetings and presentations, including conference room reservations and related services.
- Coordinate Quarterly Associate Happy Hours, office-wide Welcome Receptions, and other events by communicating with outside caterers, and internal conference services and facilities departments.
- Special projects and administrative support as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3+ years of experience in a law firm or other professional services environment required.
- Prior recruiting experience a plus; legal recruiting experience is ideal.
- Experience working with an Applicant Tracking System a plus.
- Proficiency and experience with social media outlets such as LinkedIn preferred
- Ability to learn and embrace new skills and best practices as the position evolves and Firm needs change.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team.
- Ability to develop relationships and foster teamwork at all levels of the Firm.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a diverse group of internal and external clients, attorneys, and staff.
- Ability to manage confidential information and sensitive situations with tact and discretion.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Reliability, flexibility, and adaptability in a team and service-oriented environment.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task in a time-sensitive environment while maintaining the highest standards of work quality.
- Ability to produce quality work in a fast-paced dynamic environment, including prioritizing numerous tasks and completing them under time constraints.
- Ability to identify and accomplish long and short-term goals, projects, and activities.
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft applications.
Problem Solving Skills:
- Ability and confidence to identify and analyze issues, make decisions, and initiate actions/solutions.
- Agility to be able to respond to unexpected challenges, including proactively developing innovative solutions to complex problems while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Ability to maintain composure and demonstrate good judgment.
- Must be available for work outside of normal schedule hours (definite extra hours during on-campus recruiting, callback interviewing, and Summer Program).
We value diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled (EOE=Equal Opportunity Employer)