Website Troutman Pepper
Troutman Pepper has an exciting opportunity for a Manager of Legal Talent Recruiting to be based in one of the firm’s West Coast offices: Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, CA or Portland, OR. This position will oversee all non-partner attorney recruiting for the firm’s West Coast offices. We are searching for someone who wants to be a valued contributor and join an innovative, talented, and dynamic team. The Manager of Legal Talent Recruiting is responsible for executing many of the goals and activities of Troutman Pepper’s Legal Talent Recruiting Team and will collaborate directly with relevant partners, staff, and other stakeholders around the firm.
Essential Job Functions
Law Student Recruiting
• Manage all aspects of West Coast office participation in on-campus recruiting at law schools, including on-campus interview (OCI) registrations, candidate pre-selections, preparing OCI materials for attorneys and students, planning OCI receptions, and preparing callback interview schedules and logistics.
• Propose and implement strategies for law student outreach including cultivating and maintaining relationships with law school career services and student groups, identifying new organizations for sponsorship and partnerships, and developing on-campus and spring recruiting initiatives (student receptions, speaking engagements, etc.) to raise the profile of Troutman Pepper on campus.
• Work with regional Recruiting Committee Chair to execute recruiting strategy, manage Recruiting Committee meetings and engage committee members in student recruiting activities.
• Plan and execute West Coast office summer associate programs, including overseeing and promoting social events and substantive summer associate trainings, as well as tracking and reviewing summer associate assignments and evaluations and assisting with offer decisions.
Lateral Attorney Hiring
• Collaborate with practice group leadership, attorneys, and the Director of Legal Talent Recruiting to determine hiring needs and source candidates.
• Manage the lateral hiring process including reviewing candidate resumes, coordinating interview schedules, participating in interviews and negotiating offers.
• Manage relationships with search firms.
• Support the Firm’s strategic initiatives with respect to hiring, onboarding and integrating lateral attorneys.
• Keep abreast of key market issues and trends. Track information and analyze competitive data, best practices and trends to provide strategic recommendations to practice group and office leadership.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Sophisticated strategic and analytical thinking, drive, initiative, and problem-solving skills required.
• Effective client service skills, with proven organizational skills and the ability to set priorities and multi-task while meeting multiple deadlines.
• Candidates must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of personnel.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, as well as strong attention to detail and organization is required.
• Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule that will occasionally require travel and extended hours.
• Manage Legal Talent Recruiting Coordinator to execute tasks that support the Legal Talent team.
Education And/or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum of 5+ years of legal recruiting/talent management experience in a law firm or other professional services setting required; candidates without legal recruiting/talent management experience will be considered if they have a J.D. and at least 3 years of experience as a practicing lawyer at a large law firm.
• Strong working knowledge of and familiarity with West Coast legal markets, particularly California and Portland, OR.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Troutman Pepper adheres to a policy of equal opportunity and will make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, evaluation, compensation and separation, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital or armed forces status and any other classification as protected by law.