Website Perkins Coie
At Perkins Coie, we look for individuals that are self-motivated, dedicated to providing value and superior services and, above all, people who have a high degree of integrity and enthusiasm for their work. We’ve created a company culture that is based on collaboration, devotion to serving our clients, and mutual respect. Perkins Coie is committed to advancing diversity and inclusion both within the firm and throughout our collective communities. Work for one of the 100 Best Workplaces in America, get great health insurance, tuition reimbursement, your birthday off, and paid sabbaticals.
Perkins Coie LLP has an immediate opening for a Legal Recruiting Manager in our Palo Alto office. This position involves overseeing all new counsel recruiting and integration activities for law students and lateral associates for our Palo Alto office, as well as other firm office locations as needed.
The following job functions summarize the primary tasks that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation.
- Draft position postings and oversee publication of available positions throughout all appropriate outlets. Identify, evaluate and manage use of outlets including publications (print and online) and websites for law schools, local and national bar associations, diversity bar associations and industry organizations.
- Develop and communicate information about available positions, about the practice groups and offices filling the positions, and about the firm in general to law school career services professionals and preferred search firms in relevant markets.
- Coordinate participation in on-campus interviews and other recruiting and visibility-raising events on law school campuses.
- Review resumes and select candidates for screening interviews based on the required criteria. Conduct screening interviews and evaluate and recommend candidates for callback interviews. Oversee and participate in the callback interview process and the evaluation of candidates following callback interviews. Facilitate and participate in the decision-making process.
- Collaborate with others to develop and implement strategies to increase the diversity of the law student and lateral applicant pool.
- Oversee orientation and integration of summer associates, fall associates and lateral associates into the office, practice group and firm.
- Plan and implement a program for summer associates that includes orientation, skills training and social events. Coordinate work assignment, evaluation, feedback and mentoring processes.
- Assist in developing, updating and maintaining written policies and procedures related to law student and lateral recruiting based on industry best practices. Develop an annual budget for law student and lateral recruiting activities and oversee related expenditures.
Specific Skills Required
Organize and manage multiple processes and tasks with competing priorities and consistent attention to detail. Drive processes and tasks to completion and meet deadlines. Ability to work well under pressure. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent customer service and public speaking skills. Capacity to work well independently as well as part of a team with the ability to assume leadership roles when necessary. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues in other departments and at all levels of firm management. Proven ability to exercise discretion with confidential communications. Expertise in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Workday applicant tracking system is preferred.
Education And Experience
Requires a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of manager-level experience in attorney recruiting, attorney professional development, or a relevant field, including working collaboratively in a multi-office law firm environment. Experience overseeing law school fall recruiting, summer associate programs, lateral associate recruiting, and new attorney pre-arrival and integration activities. Experience developing policies related to the above referenced areas of responsibility. Experience recruiting for multiple and varied legal markets is helpful. Experience in law school career services is beneficial as well. J.D. and legal practice experience are a plus.