Website Perkins Coie LLP
Perkins Coie LLP has an immediate opening for a Diversity Recruiting Manager. The position oversees diversity outreach, diversity initiatives and diversity data with respect to law student and lateral associate and counsel recruiting and integration activities.
- Manage all diversity efforts related to law student and lateral associate (not partner) recruiting.
- Manage all activities related to the implementation of the SDIP goals related to recruiting.
- Serve as administrative support for the Strategic Diversity and Inclusion Committee (SDIC) Recruiting Subcommittee, including tracking and moving initiatives forward and developing resources and processes contemplated by the Strategic Diversity and Inclusion Plan (SDIP).
- Draft summary reports on progress and accomplishments, and measure outcomes.
- Manage outreach to law student affinity organizations (at the law school level and the national level) and minority bar associations (locally and nationally), develop information and relationships with those organizations to advance visibility, programming, and networking opportunities.
- Develop recruiting content and materials specifically relevant to these groups.
- Evaluate sponsorship opportunities and manage related budget.
- Provide oversight for 1L and 2L diversity fellowship programs and client collaboration programs, develop annual plans, update related materials and generally support recruiting managers in the execution of the processes each year.
- Monitor peer firm activity in this area.
- Manage outreach and relationships with search firms with regard to diversity recruiting efforts, including but not limited to search firms with a focus on diverse candidates.
- Develop recruiting content and materials specifically relevant and helpful to search firm activities.
- Manage direct outreach and relationships with lateral candidates, including long terms outreach efforts and development of diverse talent pool for future needs.
- Develop process for long-term tracking and communications with prospective law student and lateral candidates, specifically leveraging Workday Recruiting tool and social media options.
- Track compliance with Perkins and Mansfield Rules, including processes for better identifying diverse candidates and tracking related data.
- Develop and implement strategy for greater internal (practice group and office) support for and compliance with the two Rules.
- Develop social media strategy specifically focused on increasing visibility of the firm’s diversity commitment and accomplishments and deliver that content to law student and prospective lateral applicant pool.
- Coordinate and deliver training and review and adjust processes specifically to address diversity in recruiting, including training related to reviewing resumes and application materials, interviewing diverse candidates, and discussing and making decisions regarding diverse candidate.
- Develop long-term solutions to data management related to diversity recruiting, including tracking applicant diversity data through Workday recruiting.
- Generate summary reports related to diversity in recruiting.
- Monitor and report best practice related to diversity recruiting in the market place.
Specific Skills Required:
Ability to organize and manage multiple processes and tasks with competing priorities; ability to multi-task with continued attention to detail; ability to drive processes and tasks to completion and to meet deadlines. Ability to work well under pressure. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent customer service and public speaking skills. Ability to work well independently and as part of a team. Ability to assume leadership roles when necessary and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues in other departments and at all levels of firm management. Proven ability to exercise discretion with confidential communications. Expertise in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Workday applicant tracking system is preferred.
Education & Experience:
Requires bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of manager-level experience in attorney recruiting, attorney professional development, or relevant field, including working collaboratively in a multi-office law firm. Experience overseeing law school fall recruiting, summer associate programs, lateral associate recruiting, and new attorney pre-arrival and integration activities. Experience developing policies related to above areas of responsibility. Experience recruiting for multiple and different legal markets is helpful. Experience in law school career services is beneficial. J.D. and legal practice experience is beneficial.