Website O'Melveny & Myers LLP
It’s more than what you do: it’s how you do it. That’s why O’Melveny is counsel of choice to an ever-expanding list of market leaders. Opportunity at O’Melveny means working alongside diverse, dynamic, and team-oriented colleagues on evolving issues and opportunities for prominent clients around the world. It’s a place to build a rewarding career by tackling new challenges; being appreciated, included, and supported; and creating lasting connections.
With approximately 750 lawyers on three continents, more than 40 practice and industry service areas, and strong cultural ties to all our locations, O’Melveny is a global law firm with a local feel. At our core, you’ll find a dedication to excellence, a drive to lead and innovate, and a deep sense of civic responsibility.
So, tell us. What do you want to achieve? Visit us at www.omm.com or learn more in our firm at-a-glance, year-end highlights, and on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
O’Melveny has an immediate full-time opening for a HR/Office Coordinator in our Silicon Valley office. This position will work in collaboration with the Office Administrator in the Silicon Valley office, providing efficient and confidential support for the management of all human resources and office administration functions. The HR/Office Coordinator will act as the point of contact for all human resources questions from attorneys and staff, and oversee the lifecycle of a staff employee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Partners with the firm’s Staff Recruiter and assists with the hiring of Silicon Valley staff
· Administers the onboarding process for staff, which includes organizing and conducting new hire orientations
· Assists with the development and facilitation of professional development training programs for staff
· Utilizes appropriate resources to meet local training and development needs for Assistants
· Supports the Talent Development team as needed in assisting with training programs for attorneys
· Responds to day-to-day HR policy and operational questions
· Responsible for data management within Workday, the firm’s HR information system
· Maintains employee personnel records
· Acts as a subject matter expert in time keeping processes, firm policies and procedures
· Processes terminations and conducts exit interviews
· Supports Directors in Human Resources with various projects as needed
· Assists with the annual staff performance review process
· Provides support for employee relations activities including counseling, disciplinary actions, performance improvement plans, and terminations
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Office Administration – In collaboration with the OA, provides back-up support for:
· Outsourced business services which include mail, office services, catering and duplicating
· Coordinating office meetings and events
· Coordinating space and maintenance requests
· Facilitating ergonomic evaluations
· Ensuring compliance with building rules and regulations/liaise with building management
· Ensuring office resource materials are updated
· Coordinating timely payment of office expenses
· Overseeing and maintaining emergency supplies, protocols and safety training
· Overseeing daily assistant services, workflow, back-up support, timecards and vacation requests
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· 3-5 years of Human Resources experience, preferably in professional services, demonstrating a broad range of exposure to the major HR disciplines
· Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a consensus-driven organization and to create consensus-based support
· An unquestioned work ethic, willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and accept a wide variety of assignments as required and work closely with law students, associates, partners, colleagues and team members
· Superior presentation, writing, and verbal communication skills
· Outstanding relationship-building skills with the ability to collaborate equally well with senior administrative managers and staff, partners and associates across the Firm
· A Bachelor’s degree is required
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. For more information, or to be considered for this position, please apply online at www.omm.com. Response will be given to candidates who closely meet our qualifications. EOE M/F/D/V. No phone inquiries, please.