Website Morrison & Foerster
Morrison & Foerster LLP, an Am Law 50 law firm with 16 offices worldwide, has an opening for an Attorney Recruiting Coordinator within our Attorney Talent Group in our San Francisco office.
It’s an exciting time to join MoFo’s dynamic Attorney Recruiting team! We are in growth mode and building up our Bay Area Attorney Recruiting team to support new legal talent acquisition initiatives. We are looking for a creative and driven teammate to join the Lateral Attorney Recruiting Team.
MoFo prides itself on our people. We are a smart, friendly, non-hierarchical and laid back bunch, excited for the right person to join our team and help us advance our candidate engagement and recruiting goals in Palo Alto and beyond. The Attorney Recruiting Coordinator will:
- In conjunction with the Lateral Attorney Recruiting Manager, participate in strategic intake meetings with hiring partners to learn about the practice group need and communicate the need to key stakeholders/search firms in order to quickly respond with timely solutions and actionable plans to the practice group demand.
- Contribute to the building of strategic liaisons and advisory relationships with prospective hires to ensure substantive, ongoing contact with the Firm, and to promote desired acceptance rates. Under department guidance, provide ongoing applicant communications, guidance, informational and policy assistance, etc.
- In collaboration with the Lateral Attorney Recruiting Manager, develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients including attorneys, staff, outside agencies, other recruiters, etc.
- Actively participate in firm wide recruiting meetings and committees.
- Under the direction of the Director of Lateral Attorney Recruiting, support firmwide recruiting initiatives in all areas of lateral recruiting that include people, process and technology. In addition, provide administrative support, including meeting scheduling and materials generation, for special ad hoc lateral projects that impact cross-functional initiatives.
- Under the direction of the Lateral Attorney Recruiting Manager, screen resumes and applications, check references of select applicants, distribute paperwork of qualified applicants to appropriate parties, and maintain applicant files.
- Under the direction of the Lateral Attorney Recruiting Manager and Director of Lateral Attorney Recruiting, schedule lateral interviews including: identifying and communicating with appropriate partners and associates regarding the interview schedule, organizing and preparing marketing materials for the candidate, greeting candidates, etc.
Coordinate the preparation of relevant Human Resources notices and other documentation (i.e. facilities) for new hires and proactively ensure that all necessary departments and parties are informed/notified to facilitate new hires’ arrival and orientation.
- Under the limited guidance of the Lateral Attorney Recruiting Manager and Director of Lateral Attorney Recruiting, responsible for processing various payments and reimbursements.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of legal recruiting experience in a mid-size to large law firm, or other related administrative assistant experience.
- Strong technology skills in MS Office products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Familiarity with Human Resource systems and relational databases preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills. Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment demonstrating reliability, dependability and flexibility is essential. Creativity is key!
- Exceptional organizational, process, and follow-through skills. Ability to prioritize assignments and work independently to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to travel to our Palo Alto office location frequently.
Who We Are
At Morrison & Foerster, our culture is defined by our deeds. We’re passionate about what we do. We’re equally passionate about how we do it. We resist hierarchies and operate within a model of respect — for our colleagues, their ideas, and the differences that make us stronger. We encourage you to learn more about who we are, and what we do.
Finally, get to know MoFo through stories told by the firm’s leadership, clients, lawyers, and staff on our MoFo Stories channel.