Website Morrison & Foerster
Morrison & Foerster LLP, an Am Law 50 law firm with 16 offices worldwide, has an opening for an Attorney Recruiting Manager in our Palo Alto office.
It’s an exciting time to join MoFo’s dynamic Attorney Recruiting team! We are in growth mode and building up our Bay Area Attorney Recruiting team to support new legal talent acquisition initiatives. We are looking for a creative and driven teammate to manage the local Palo Alto law school recruiting, summer associate program, and patent agent recruiting as well as support firmwide campus engagement projects.
MoFo prides itself on our people. We are a smart, friendly, non-hierarchical and laid back bunch, excited for the right person to join our team and help us advance our candidate engagement and recruiting goals in Palo Alto and beyond. The Attorney Recruiting Manager will:
- Collaborate with Palo Alto hiring partners and recruiting committee to develop, implement and manage recruiting strategies and programs to best present Morrison & Foerster to law school and lateral candidates.
- Support the Director of Attorney Recruiting on strategic campus engagement projects and initiatives related to candidate outreach, employer branding, data analysis, and technology.
- Drive efforts to increase and improve firm visibility at targeted law schools and, develop and foster law school relationships.
- Manage the interview process, communications, and data tracking systems.
Work with Palo Alto practice group leadership to determine short term and long term attorney hiring needs.
- Manage the Palo Alto summer associate program, including social events, trainings, surveys, and evaluations.
- Facilitate the successful integration of all new associates and other attorneys.
- Analyze recruiting trends and implement recruiting strategies to best directly source law school and lateral talent both locally and firmwide.
- Supervise local Attorney Recruiting Coordinator, as well as other support staff indirectly.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Minimum of five years of Recruiting experience required.
- Prior campus recruiting experience is preferred either in the legal or other professional services industries.
- Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of high-volume recruiting programs, including campus engagement, branding and events; talent sourcing and hiring; student on-campus recruiting; summer associate program; and candidate on-boarding and integration.
- Outstanding interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills. Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment demonstrating reliability, dependability and flexibility is essential. Creativity is key!
- Exceptional organizational, process, and follow-through skills. Ability to prioritize assignments and work independently to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to travel. This job requires occasional travel to other Morrison & Foerster offices and law school campuses, particularly in the summer and fall.
Who We Are
At Morrison & Foerster, our culture is defined by our deeds. We’re not only passionate about what we do but also how we do it. The MoFo community resists hierarchies and operates within a model of respect — for our colleagues, their ideas, and the differences that make us stronger. We encourage you to learn more about who we are and how we market ourselves to campus talent.
Finally, get to know MoFo through stories told by the firm’s leadership, clients, lawyers, and staff on our MoFo Stories channel.