Website Morgan Lewis & Bockius
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world’s leading global law firms with over 4,000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices is seeking an Attorney Recruiting Coordinator reporting to the Senior Manager of Attorney Recruiting – West Coast/Central Region. This position will reside in the San Francisco office and will be responsible for coordinating a wide range of activities supporting the overall planning, management and administration of student and lateral attorney recruiting and integration, including student recruiting, planning of the summer associate program, lateral recruiting, orientation and special projects for the San Francisco and Silicon Valley offices.
- Receives and reviews incoming candidate resumes.
- Travels on-campus and accompanies attorneys to on-campus interviews.
- Welcomes students in hospitality suites.
- Responds to applicant inquiries.
- Drafts student status correspondence; offers and declines after-interview letters (when administrative assistant is not available).
- Coordinates interview schedules.
- Prepares candidate interview packages.
- Coordinates on-campus interview registration/resume screening/contact with local law schools.
- Schedules and coordinates callback interviews.
- Coordinates hospitality suites and follow up dinners.
- Maintains relationship/communication with law school placement offices.
- Assists with organization and planning of student receptions.
- Compiles information for NALP.
- Maintains LawCruit and other on-campus recruiting databases; prepares status reports (when administrative assistant is not available).
- Assists manager with preparation for recruiting committee meetings; attends meetings as directed.
- Prepares and processes candidate travel expenses.
Lateral Associate Recruiting:
- Assists Lateral Attorney Recruiting Manager with initiating searches.
- Coordinates scheduling, screening and callback interviews with candidates and attorneys.
- Prepares candidate interview packages.
- Follows and completes lateral hiring checklist procedures.
Summer Associate Program:
- Assists with preparation of agendas for committee meetings; attends meetings as directed.
- Assists summer associates with all aspects of relocation, as needed.
- Prepares Summer Associate page on Morgan Lewis intranet site.
- Coordinates Summer Associate office orientation.
- Assists in the planning and organization of summer events.
- Attends summer associate events.
- Develops relationship with summer associates.
- Communicates frequently with summer associates regarding integration and summer experience.
- Responds to questions and requests from summer associates and attorneys about summer program.
Fall Associate Orientation:
- Coordinates Bar Exam Registration and Bar Review Courses.
- Coordinates salary stipends while studying for the Bar Exam.
- Assists with the Fall Associate orientation.
- Attends and participates in Professional Recruiting meetings.
- Assists the manager with law school outreach programs.
- Coordinates due diligence for students and laterals.
- Coordinates conflict clearance for students and laterals.
- Prepares offer letters.
- Prepares Personnel Action Notices, as required.
- Supports other projects, as assigned.
- Attends process and educational meetings.
- Performs various assignments at the request of Professional Recruiting Committee, Office Managing Partners and Practice Group Leaders.
- Fields daily recruiting/legal personnel questions for attorneys, fall associates, summer associates and laterals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Summer Responsibilities
- Assist Manager with coordination of the summer program (including training programs, orientation, events, etc.).
- Assist with assignment process, collecting evaluations and other tasks as needed.
- Help assemble mid-summer and end-of-summer evaluation packets for
- Hiring Partner and Recruiting Committee.
- Attend summer associate events as appropriate.
- Act as a main contact to all summer associates; respond to general questions from summer associates and attorneys about the program.
Additional Fall Responsibilities
- Assist with on-campus registration.
- Assist in preparation of on-campus materials.
- Assist with the coordination of law school recruiting events.
- Greet recruits upon arrival and escort them to interviews.
- Prepare and distribute interview schedules.
- Compile weekly Recruiting Committee materials.
- Collect interview evaluations and prepare summary.
- Assist with updating and maintaining various recruiting materials/forms.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job may require occasional travel to law schools and other Morgan Lewis offices.
This job requires the flexibility to work overtime or beyond the regular business hours, specifically evenings and weekends during the Summer and Fall.
This job requires:
- A Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university, and
- A minimum of 2 years of related recruiting or Human Resources experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following knowledge skills and abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to provide quality customer service to both internal and external clients.
- Planning/organizational skills.
- The ability to work individually as well as with a team.
- Ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands.
- Basic knowledge of the following software: Lawcruit; MS-Office (MS
Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Document Management Systems, Adobe Reader, Access.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
California Applicants: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, the following link contains the Firm’s California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice for Candidates which explains the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for which we use such personal information. CCPA Privacy Notice for Candidates
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.