Website K&L Gates LLP
At K&L Gates, we are looking for smart, imaginative and hard-working people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas to join us. Perhaps our search for talented visionaries and your search for important and impactful work lead to the same place.
We are seeking a Legal Recruiting Coordinator to join one of our California offices. The candidate will be responsible for providing support to the Recruiting and Learning and Professional Development (L&PD) functions and coordinating activities, projects, and programs that may be local, national, or global in nature. The Coordinator will be part of a regional team responsible for recruiting efforts in various offices, as well as various firmwide Recruiting and L&PD initiatives. Candidates must be self-starters who possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Excellent communication skills and a commitment to providing the highest quality client service are strongly preferred.
Local and global HR team; partners and lawyers, including hiring partners, practice area leaders (PALs) and practice group coordinators (PGCs); staff employees and leaders (including Directors of Admin); and external vendors and search firms
• Student and Lateral Associate Recruitment: Coordinate scheduling candidate interviews, travel arrangements, hotel reservations, and expense reimbursements; assist in producing all necessary correspondence related to recruiting efforts; assist with the preparation, coordination, and scheduling of on-campus and job fair interviews; process resumes received from candidates, placement firms, and referrals; maintain recruitment database and all recruitment and candidates files
• Summer Associate Program: Coordinate all events, including orientation, training programs and social events; assist with tracking of summer associate assignments and evaluations; attend summer associate events as necessary; assist in producing necessary correspondence related to the program
• Talent Management: Coordinate pre-arrival and onboarding details for new lawyers, including, but not limited to, bar examination and review course fees, stipend and advance payments, orientation programs, and new hire paperwork
• L&PD: Assist with Summer and First Year Associate curriculum, including serving as On-Site Coordinator for the office; assist with production, formatting, and distribution of course materials for firm-wide continuing legal education (CLE) programs; assist with scheduling and day-of-event coordination for in-house programs; assist with tracking program registrations and coordinating attendee lists with offices across the firm
• Coordinating room bookings, catering, presenter and program materials, room set up, and finalizing attendance numbers
• Organizing and coordinating the production and distribution of training materials
• Preparing evaluation reports and summarizing feedback for presenters as needed
• Providing advice to lawyers on meeting continuing legal education (CLE) requirements
EXPERIENCE SKILLS REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Administrative/secretarial experience supporting recruiting and learning and professional development functions, preferably in a professional services environment
• Proficiency in office software, including document processing, spreadsheets, databases, electronic mail and calendars, internet access, and an applicant tracking system
• Demonstrated ability to learn new computer applications and functions
• Demonstrated ability to work well with lawyers, management, administrators, and support staff and effectively establish and maintain productive relationships
• Ability to anticipate issues, solve problems, initiate actions, handle multiple tasks and projects, and adjust to changing priorities
• Highly organized with strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong work ethic and professional approach, takes accountability for achieving what is expected
• Ability to follow instructions and adhere to process
• Exemplary attention to detail
• Ability to work well in a team with a positive, “can do” attitude
• Cooperative and supportive team member
• Focus on continuous improvement and demonstrates an innovative approach
• Previous experience within a law firm, partnership, or other professional services environment desirable
• Some experience in an HR generalist support role, specialized experience/training in a talent role involving recruiting desirable
• Experience working with legal search firms and facilitating and negotiating lateral placement agreements desirable
• Demonstrated interest and investment in extracurricular and personal professional development activities within professional associations such as NALP, ALA, SHRM, or local groups desirable
ABOUT THE FIRM
K&L Gates is a fully integrated global law firm with approximately 2,000 lawyers across five continents. We have experienced dramatic growth in the past decade and now rank among the largest U.S. based law firms in the world. We take pride in constantly striving for innovation, imagination and an entrepreneurial spirit. We come up with big ideas and then roll up our sleeves to get the job done, guiding our clients through their most complex issues in a variety of industry sectors and across multiple regions of the world.
The industry recognition the firm has garnered in the past five years emanates from the foundation of a global community aligned on behalf of our clients. The people at K&L Gates are committed to working together to create a legacy for each other, the firm, our clients, and the communities in which we serve. We thrive in an inclusive and socially conscious environment that embraces diversity and takes a holistic approach to the career evolution of all our professionals.
Interested candidate’s should apply at https://klgates.recsolu.com/jobs/W0WZFaBU0b0s-6gxlL9Nwg.