Website Kirkland & Ellis, LLP
The Bay Area office is seeking a Legal Recruiting Specialist as part of the Firmwide Legal Recruiting and Development Department. The Legal Recruiting Specialist will provide strategic support to the campus recruiting efforts of the Bay Area office.
This position requires a high level of collaboration with attorneys and staff and the ability to work independently. This position requires the exercise of independent judgment.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, possess excellent proofing and communication (oral and written) skills; the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment; a very strong attention to detail; and a professional demeanor. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships among lawyers and staff to achieve results.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
- Work with Director of Legal Recruiting, Development & Engagement, hiring partners and the recruiting committee to develop, implement and manage recruiting strategies and programs
- Oversee Summer Associate Program
- Lead events
- Supervise mid and end-of-summer reviews
- Coordinate with all offices and register for and manage on-campus interviews, job fairs and resume collections
- Oversee the campus hiring process, including preparing, updating, and managing the correspondence of offer letters, reviewing offers for consistency and uniformity, and conducting due diligence
- Handle offer dinners, pre-OCI receptions and other recruiting initiatives
- Maintain communication with law school career services departments
- Supervise non-diversity law school and law student outreach including panels, receptions, mentoring programs, sponsorships, etc.
- Source candidates and review candidate materials
- Ensure the regular maintenance of, and contribution to, attorney applicant databases for purposes of applicant tracking
- Develop, prepare and analyze relevant reports, projections, and statistical data as needed
- Collaborate with other Kirkland offices and departments to identify efficiencies and best practices
- Supervision of department junior staff as appropriate
- Work closely with Legal Recruiting & Development team to assist with ad hoc projects as needed
Education, Work Experience, Skills
6+ years of experience, preferably in law firm or other professional services environment. The candidate must also demonstrate strong leadership, problem-solving, and strategic planning skills, and the ability to work across all levels of management with various personality types; build relationships, be proactive, stay organized, and multitask in a fast-paced, pressured environment. A Bachelor’s degree is required, along with superior verbal and written communication skills.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise regarding attorney recruitment activities;
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to design short-term and long-term goals, with clear criteria to measure success and return on investment;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills;
- A proactive approach and the ability to work “hands-on”;
- High degree of comfort interacting with attorneys at all levels;
- Strong presentation skills combined with confidence and poise;
- Proficiency in the use of office software, including Microsoft Office. Experience with ViDesktop preferred.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.