Website Keker, Van Nest & Peters - San Francisco, CA
Keker, Van Nest & Peters is a litigation-focused law firm in San Francisco with more than 100 lawyers and 90 staff. Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) is a key part of our business strategy that permeates our culture and values, our day-to-day operations, our work with our clients, and our engagement in communities where we live and work. We want our firm to be a place where all people can enjoy a sense of belonging and feel empowered to contribute and grow. The diverse perspectives and experiences that our people bring to their work drive innovation and excellence. They create a vibrant and dynamic workforce that make us uniquely prepared to serve our clients. To support our work in this area, we are currently seeking a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Manager.
The DE&I Manager will work closely with the Director of Administration, Director of Attorney Recruiting and Development, the DE&I Committee, and the firm’s Affinity Groups. As a newly created position within our firm, the DE&I Manager will be responsible for conceiving, promoting, and implementing policies and programs that enhance Keker’s culture and support our goals to foster, recruit, retain, and promote diverse attorneys and staff.
Lead and manage firm initiatives related to internal and external diversity, equity, and inclusion. Develop relationships with internal stakeholders, attorneys, and staff to identify priorities and challenges for the DE&I team to address. Recommend solutions and action items. Lead DE&I efforts from inception through implementation, including:
· Lead specific DE&I programs, including the firm’s diversity scholarship program.
· Support attorneys and staff in addressing DE&I issues.
· Manage data and analytics related to surveys, RFPs, special programs. Track and report on the firm’s progress.
· Recommend policies and training content.
· Manage the firm’s annual DE&I budget.
· Assist with the planning and coordination of DE&I workshops, programs, and meetings.
· Support law school on-campus outreach and pipeline programs in collaboration with the firm’s Director of Attorney Recruiting and Development.
· Partner with our Business Development and Marketing Director to build internal and external DE&I branding.
· Bachelor’s Degree required.
· Law firm or professional services experience required.
· Two to four years of DE&I experience required.
· Conversant and current in DE&I best practices and trends.
· Possess the ability to work independently, exercise discretion and judgment to reach strategic objectives, and be highly motivated.
· A strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your cover letter and resume to our Director of Administration, Joy Scharton at [email protected]