Website Hogan Lovells
Keen to become part of a truly global, collaborative team of professionals? Your journey begins here.
The Associate Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for coordinating legal recruitment (including for associates, judicial clerks, attorneys, patent agents, and summer associates) for the Silicon Valley and San Francisco offices (“NorCal” offices), as well as collaborating on special projects and associate recruitment initiatives with other Hogan Lovells US offices as assigned. The coordinator will work primarily with the Recruitment Manager, Western Region, as well as other department members when requested. The coordinator must be able to oversee and coordinate recruiting activities between the two offices, as well as develop strategies appropriate to each individual office. This position will sit in either the Silicon Valley office or the San Francisco office.
We are looking for a strong legal recruiting professional to join the team. This position has flexibility to be at a Coordinator or Senior Coordinator level, depending on the background and qualifications of the individual chosen for the role.
ASSOCIATE/ATTORNEY/PATENT AGENT/SUMMER ASSOCIATE RECRUITMENT & OUTREACH:
- Register for and coordinate on-campus interviews at law schools and job fairs for the NorCal offices and other HL US offices when appropriate, prepare materials to be distributed to on-campus interviewers in advance of interviews and coordinate follow up activity with interviewers following law school visits;
- Schedule, coordinate and troubleshoot all aspects of law student and law school outreach events as assigned. Keep managers, law school team members and participating attorneys informed of status of each event.
- Schedule, coordinate and troubleshoot all aspects of associate, judicial clerk, attorney, patent agent, and summer associate in-office interviews as assigned. Keep managers and relevant practice groups, law school team leaders, and recruitment committee members informed of status of each candidate;
- Track candidate outcomes, including offer outreach, follow up meetings and events (including additional interviews and/or lunches, dinners and receptions). Inform interviewers and other key contacts of outcomes and follow up activity. Communicate with candidates and search firms regarding their status as appropriate;
- Oversee candidate travel and reimbursements;
- Monitor the processing of conflict forms, background checks and ensure that references have been checked as appropriate;
- Coordinate the onboarding and integration of new hires for the NorCal offices by acting as a point person until their arrival, preparing pre-arrival documentation, overseeing orientation in collaboration with managers and other coordinators, checking in with new hires on a periodic basis, and ensuring a smooth transition to the firm;
- Plan, organize and execute the Summer Associate Program in the two offices, including coordination of summer associate events and social activities, some of which will be held during the evenings;
- Track summer associate work assignments and evaluations and prepare evaluation files for mid-summer and exit evaluations;
- Serve as a contact and information resource for summer associates;
- Establish and develop relationships with search firms to increase awareness of the firm and specific openings;
- Oversee and coordinate lateral associate, attorney and patent agent recruitment, hiring and onboarding;
- Communicate with other Associate Recruitment Department members to share local activities and to incorporate into broader department initiatives;
- Work collaboratively with Associate Recruitment Department members to support other functional areas, special projects and general department administration as needed.
- Work with the Western Associate Recruitment Manager to coordinate recruiting aspects of annual M&A Boot Camp (summer) and M&A Forums (quarterly).
- Work with administrative departments, including marketing, to draft office specific materials for all levels of recruitment;
- Update and organize recruitment information, including informational reference materials for internal use by firm personnel;
- Keep abreast of changes in firm policies and procedures as they apply to the attorney recruiting process and implement changes as needed;
- Mentor junior team members including assistants and interns;
- Handle additional administrative tasks as requested;
- All members of the firm are encouraged to participate in our Global Citizenship program;
- And other duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required;
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with a service-oriented approach. Have ability to communicate and interact effectively with candidates, all levels of firm personnel, and a variety of external entities in a courteous and professional manner;
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments and adapt to changing priorities;
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and be able to work with a high degree of independence;
- Ability to exercise discretion, good judgment, flexibility and maintain confidential information at all times;
- Proficiency with Word & Excel is required. Experience working in Symplicity (law school recruiting and communications tool) and an applicant tracking software required, viRecruit or LawCruit is preferred; experience with Workday (human resources application) is preferred.
- The candidate must have flexibility to work overtime as needed (particularly in May – August);
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- A minimum of 2-3 years of in house or campus recruiting experience at a law school or in a law firm required.
Core Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (including 1 hour for lunch) with overtime as needed.
This job description sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position and may be changed from time to time as shall be determined. Hogan Lovells is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by law.
Hogan Lovells is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or protected Veteran status.