Website Fenwick & West LLP
Fenwick & West is a top-tier law firm with an open and inclusive culture. With more than 300 attorneys and 400 employees in the Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Santa Monica, Seattle and New York, we work with companies on the cutting edge of technology, life sciences and cleantech. For more than four decades, our Firm has helped some of the world’s most recognized companies become and remain market leaders. We are proud to have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area for the twelfth year.
Fenwick is seeking for a Senior Attorney Recruiting Coordinator who will be responsible for all aspects of the recruiting process for fall/summer program, law school outreach programs, lateral attorney and patent agent in the NY office as well as other offices as needed.
- Work closely with the Manager of Attorney Recruiting to plan and coordinate the summer program, including oversee events as needed.
- Administer work assignment system, collect evaluations and coordinate mid/end summer reviews for NY summer associates and other offices as needed.
- Maintain expense reports relating to the summer program and coordinate housing needs, arrival/departure dates, picture book, buddies/mentors, etc.
- Coordinate and oversee law school 1L and fall recruiting process, such as prepare registration materials, assist in law school presentations, law firm branding events and receptions, etc.
- Gather interview evaluations and follow up with candidates on decisions (i.e., initiate letters to applicants, update files/records, track follow-up calls, update recruiting statistics and spreadsheets).
- Register for school career fairs and send promotional materials; build and maintain relationships with law schools and other educational institutions.
Act as a liaison with lateral hires, search firms and summer associates.
- Coordinate and oversee new-hire orientation, including integration activities, for NY summer/fall associates and lateral hires.
- Collaborate with administrative departments on onboarding and integrating new hires.
- Train and mentor junior team members.
Lateral Recruitment Responsibilities:
- Post job ads and source potential candidates.
- Screen and evaluate resumes from entry level attorneys, lateral attorneys, and patent agents/engineers.
- Coordinate and schedule interviews, including assembling informational folders and gather interview evaluations.
- Direct responses to attorney recruiting-related inquiries.
- Coordinate all hiring and pre-arrival actions for lateral attorneys, including, but not limited to reference checks, conflicts submittals, NY Bar and relocation.
- Maintain recruiting records and generate LawCruit and Workday reports.
- Liaise with Practice Group Leaders, Partners, Practice Management, and others to define hiring needs for NY office.
- Assist new hires with immigration applications.
- Develop ongoing relationships with search firms, ensuring that these resources are provided updated information about the firm, its practice, hiring goals and standards.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of attorney recruiting processes.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced and changing work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with all levels of firm personnel as well as external clients, including search firms and vendors.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and data-entry skills.
- Highly motivated and creative with ability to make sound business decisions.
- Proficient with MS Office and applicant tracking systems, preferably Workday and Lawcruit.
Reporting to the Lateral Recruiting Manager, the qualified candidate will have 3 years of professional recruiting experience, preferably in a law firm environment. Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent in experience.
To be fully considered for this position, please apply directly online: http://www.fenwick.com/pages/Careers-Professional-Staff.aspx