Website Fenwick & West LLP
Fenwick is seeking an Attorney Recruiting Assistant who will provide general administrative support to the Attorney Recruiting Department, including support for Lateral Associate hiring and the firm’s Summer Associate program. This position can be based in our Mountain View/San Francisco, CA or Seattle, WA offices.
- Handle applicant correspondence and process all incoming applications and resumes via Workday/ LawCruit.
- Maintain inventory of recruiting stockroom, including recruitment literature, brochures, marketing materials and give-a-ways.
- Maintain files, records and spreadsheets.
- Update recruiting calendar and contacts, assist with the meeting room and food reservations, summer program events, lateral hiring program and candidate follow up.
- Candidate interviews: confirm appointments, assemble informational folders, prepare and scan resumes, evaluation forms and interview schedule. Schedule call-back interviews, greet recruits, make travel and other arrangements, as needed.
- Gather interview evaluations and prepare candidate evaluation packets for the Hiring Committee.
- Follow up on Hiring Committee decisions (such as initiating letters to applicants, updating files and records, and monitoring follow-up calls to applicants).
- Prepare materials for on-campus interviewers and spring receptions. Assist with on-campus interview registration paperwork.
- Handle all offer correspondence and new hire processing. Initiate employment verification requests and conflicts clearances.
- Coordinate expense and cost sharing for all candidates. Maintain expense records, initiate reimbursement requests and payments.
- Process invoices for payment using appropriate billing accounts. Handle check requests and departmental invoices.
- Update and maintain attorney databases, including LawCruit, recruiting database and other spreadsheets.
- Assist with Summer Associate Work Assignment System, track evaluations, follow-up with attorneys and coordinate mid-summer reviews.
- Design and create the attorney recruiting newsletters.
Assist the Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion with diversity projects as needed.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of attorney recruiting processes.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under deadline pressure.
- Ability to communicate and interface with others effectively.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Computer proficient, with the ability to utilize MS Office applications and preferably Workday and LawCruit.
- Ability to travel between offices to support recruiting programs, as needed.
Reporting to the Lateral Recruiting Manager, the ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience at law firm or professional services environment in recruiting or human resources.
Experience with an applicant tracking system (ATS) and/or customer relationship management (CRM) platform is preferred. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
COVID Vaccine Policy
On July 7, 2021, Fenwick implemented a policy requiring all new hires to receive the COVID vaccine. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. Fenwick will continue to comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or strongly held religious beliefs. This policy is part of Fenwick’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and-well-being of our employees and community, and to support public health efforts.