Website Coblentz Patch Duffy & Bass LLP
We have an immediate opening for an Attorney Recruiting and Development Coordinator. This role will work closely with the Director of Legal Talent and the Manager of Legal Recruitment to provide administrative support for attorney recruitment, professional development and diversity and inclusion programs.
- Coordinate all aspects of the attorney recruitment process.
- Work closely with the Manager of Legal Recruitment to implement effective recruiting strategies and searches.
- Maintain relationships with search firms and career services staff to coordinate the recruitment of lateral hires and summer associates.
- Coordinate preparation for and execution of our summer associate program.
- Communicate with applicants to schedule interviews, facilitate the callback interview and offer process, and send rejection letters.
- Maintain a recruiting database and prepare and provide status reports to the Manager of Legal Recruitment.
- Manage due diligence process for attorney and summer associate hires to ensure conflicts, and reference and background checks are completed promptly.
- Coordinate onboarding and orientation of new and lateral associates.
- Assist new attorneys with registration/change of address notices to the State Bar, BASF and the American Bar Association.
- There are also Firm wide projects as assigned by the Manager of Legal Recruitment. Specifically, the Coordinator will help with gathering and assessing Firm wide talent‑related data, generating reports for Firm leadership, handling law school connections for our modest summer associate program, and other projects as requested.
Professional Development Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the office’s training and mentoring programs.
- Assist in developing and creating initiatives and attorney development programs.
- Regularly articulate and promote talent development programs to attorneys. Build awareness, understanding, and support for the Firm’s talent development initiatives.
- Coordinate the attorney evaluation process.
- Manage MCLE tracking.
- There are also Firm wide projects as assigned by the Director of Legal Talent. Specifically, the Coordinator will assist in coordinating training and MCLE courses, and other projects as requested.
- A minimum of 2 years of attorney recruiting and/or attorney development experience or professional services experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Superior technical skills and the ability to consider and analyze data and how it can be best utilized for the firm’s talent development efforts.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent follow-up skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidates should be proactive and comfortable dealing with all levels of leadership.
- Experience with viDesktop and ADP Recruit or other applicant tracking systems is strongly preferred.
- A four year college degree is required.
Level: This position exercises a high degree of discretion and independent judgment.
Working Conditions: Normal office environment and, as needed, the ability to work from home.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit for long periods of time, come and go from work space repeatedly throughout the day, use a computer and phone, talk, listen, read and understand documents. Move and lift up to 10 pounds. The physical demands described are representative of the requirements that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Job descriptions do not limit the tasks that an employee may reasonably be requested to perform. As the needs of the Firm change, changes in job descriptions may be necessary. This job description in no way alters the Firm’s at-will employment policy.