- To promote the quality, image, and reputation of the legal recruiting and law career services professions;
- To promote the exchange of information regarding the administration and management challenges particular to legal recruitment and placement;
- To educate legal organizations regarding the value and expertise of legal recruiters and career services personnel;
- To develop educational programs, and to collect and share information of value to our members;
- To support the goals and programs of the National Association for Law Placement (NALP) where consistent with the goals and purposes of this organization;
- To support the American Bar Association's Goal III, the purpose of which is to "Promote full and equal participation in the association, our profession, and the justice system by all persons."
BALRA is continually accepting new members. Membership is open to any legal employer or law school that is actively involved in recruiting or career development of attorneys and law clerks.
To qualify as a representative, a law firm recruiting administrator or a law school career development professional must be affiliated with a member organization and have paid dues. Recruiting administrators and law school representatives shall be defined as individuals whose primary job responsibilities involve recruiting or placement of attorneys or law clerks. Each law firm office member or law school member organization is allowed an unlimited number of representatives.
Membership shall cease upon non-payment of dues, resignation, or action of the Executive Board (e.g., the determination by the Executive Board that a member is engaged in conduct prejudicial to the interests of the organization). Should any representative resign before the end of a term, the member organization may transfer his or her BALRA affiliation to another individual within the member organization.
Interested law firms and law schools will be admitted upon completion of one representative's application and payment of dues.
For 2017, membership dues are as follows:
- Employer Representative: $180.38
- Law School Representative: $103.20
How to Join
Membership advantages include:
- Monthly meetings held to address professional development and current issues and trends in legal recruiting.
- An opportunity to network both professionally and socially with law school career services offices and legal recruitment administrators throughout Northern California.
- Access to the restricted portion of the BALRA website, including job listings.
- Increased representation in NALP, the National Association for Law Placement
If you're interested in becoming a member, sign up today!Back to top